Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

I. My first impression of EDM310
A. How I felt when I signed up for the class
B. What former students told me about EDM310

II. My fears from EDM310
A. Forgetting something
B. Differences in EDM310 and other classes

III. Most Difficult things to overcome in EDM310
A. How shy I am
B. Overcoming my shyness

When I first signed up for EDM310, I honestly did not know what this class consisted of. When I found out from friends what EDM310 really consisted of, I became really nervous. I tend to become very frustrated with computers. I heard that this class was a lot of work and very time consuming, which does not bother me. Former students did prepare me by telling me the truth.

One of my biggest fears is that I am going to forget to do an assignment or project. If you miss one thing, it can change your grade, and I am not one to turn work in late. Another one of my fears is how different this class is from the other classes I have taken. I have never taken a class with a blog. In fact, I have never even read a blog. I am so used to all of my class materials and information being on Sakai or USA Online. Although I am nervous about these changes, I am up for anything new. As long as I follow the Checklist Dr. Strange gave me I feel like I can make an A in EDM310.

Click this to see my checklist.

The most difficult thing for me in EDM is going to be putting my feelings and say what I feel needs to be said on my blog. I am a very quiet person. I don't come out of my shell until I am around you for about a day. The one way I think that I can overcome these hurdles by blogging more and getting to know the people in my class. If I feel comfortable around my class, it will make it easier to post my feelings in my blog.

I Can and Will Do It

2 comments:

  1. I've never done a blog either, so I understand your concern about that. I wouldn't consider myself the "blogging" type. I'm not very outgoing. I usually don't voice my opinions on the Internet (Which, seems to me, to be exactly what blogging is all about), and I'm, also, a quiet person. It sounds like we may encounter some of the same problems with this class.Hopefully, we'll get into the hang of things soon. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class is indeed time-consuming, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of things! And if you're worried about forgetting to do an assignment on time, if you have an iPhone, set dates for when your assignments are due in your Calender app and have an alarm go off on the day before your assignment is due!

    ReplyDelete