Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline

I. About me
A. Personal Info B. Where I lived before USA
C. Where I went to high school

II. My pastimes
D. My hobbies
E. My pets

II. College
A. University of South Alabama
B. Why education is right for me
C. An educator's job

III. Things to work on before teaching
A. Communication skills
B. I am not always right

My name is Sydney Reeves. I am a single child. I am from a small town about 100 miles north of Mobile, called Grove Hill. It is so small that the whole town has less than 2,000 people. I have lived in Grove Hill for my whole life. I graduated from Clarke Preparatory School. My school was one of two in Grove Hill. Clarke Prep, CPS for short, was the smaller of the two schools. My graduating class consisted of eighteen people, including myself. I cheered at CPS for more than 6 years, and I ran track also.

Football Queen

Click this to go to my high school's website

I love being outdoors. My Dad is who originally introduced me to the outdoors. I enjoy hunting, fishing, riding four-wheelers, and riding horses. I especially love being outside when I am playing with my dogs. I have two dogs, a weenie dog and a lab. My weenie dog's name is Susie. My lab puppy's name is Benelli.

Red Fish
Susie
Benelli


I chose the University of South Alabama, because I love how even in a big town, like Mobile, I still get the home-town feeling. I also like USA, because if I do want to go home it is not a major decision. It only takes one and a half hours to get home. I chose education because I truly love kids, especially from the ages of six to ten. Kids don't judge you on how you look. They take you for what you are, and how you act towards them. They haven't learned about stereotypes, unless from their parents. In some instances I believe an educator's work has changed. For some students, an educator is the only steady thing in their life. They look to you for big decisions, or things they don't want to tell their parents. Before most kids will open up to you, you must earn their trust. As a teacher I plan to be a shoulder when kids need one, but I also want to be that one steady thing that kids need. Kids are my passion. I have babysat for as long as I can remember. If I could make a living babysitting, trust me I would. I miss the kids I babysit terribly when I move back to school. Those kids become a part of your family, especially when you see them every day.



One of the things I need to work on before I start teaching is my communications skills when I get aggravated. I am the kind of person that just walks away when I get agitated or mad. I need to learn to take a couple of deep breaths and compose myself. I also need to learn to see things from other perspectives than my own. I know there is more than one way to do things, I just need convince myself that sometimes my way is not always best.

No comments:

Post a Comment