Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Assignment # 5

Dr. Strange said, "Your personal learning network is the set of people and tools that you can call upon for help, consultation, collaboration, or other assistance." There are many different PLN today. Some of the most popular are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogs.

My PLN has developed immensely since I began EDM 310. I had a Twitter, but never got on or commented on it. I have had a Facebook for years. In this class I have created a YouTube account, a blog that I use quite often, and a new Twitter. The internet in general is a PLN all to its own. It provides so many ways to connect with people and ask questions, and maybe even answer questions. I have completed interviews before, but I never looked at them as PLNs.They are just they personal version of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogs. I could see myself using these communications more when I become a teacher. These days, you can get a quicker response because everyone has an iPhone or smart phone within arm's reach.

I am happy with how my PLN has evolved, but I could see things growing even more, class pages, YouTube videos, and maybe who knows, I may even have my own personal blog. Don't expect your PLN to develop over night. Groups of people and tools are what make up your PLN.

Creating a PLN!

Personal Learning Network

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sydney,
    Your blog post was very good this week. I too agree that PLN's are great for keeping up with information and answering questions. You are also correct when you say creating a PLN takes time. It's important that your PLN includes reliable sources that contain reliable information. Don't forget to include links in your blog post. Overall, good job with this post!

    ReplyDelete